Monday, May 5, 2008

Entertainment Blogs

Over the course of my English Comprehension class, I have come across a few blogs that grabbed my attention. “My Blueshirt Heaven” is an outstanding blog, which has numerous posts on the New York Rangers. This is a single blog where the author demonstrates incredible writing abilities. It was easy to understand and to relate to. Although the background is plain with very little pictures, there are however many links that one who enjoys sports would find interesting. The creator of this blog is very devoted. There is always a new review right after a game. I enjoy reading this blog especially after a game because I seem to have a lot in common with this particular blogger. Since I have been a huge Ranger fan for as long as I can remember as well as he, it was easy for me to relate to his comments and reviews. I will most definitely be coming back for more.

Another one of my favorites was “Blog Media News.” This is a single blog that contains all celebrity news, including gossip and scandals. The design is very busy and you don’t know where to click first because of the many links that are posted. The white background is not really stunning; even the font lacks color. The author writes about the facts and after gives some insight on the topic. The reason why I enjoy this blog is because whenever I don’t have a magazine at hand, I know I could always click on this web page and be entertained.

Lastly, I found “The Movie Blog” to be of great interest. Watching films and later analyzing them with my family and friends is something that I enjoy to do. I find it very relaxing as it takes me away from reality. When I found this blog site I was very entertained. There designs contain many videos, pictures and advertisements. This blog is a group blog that focuses on movie reviews. The authors are very humorous and sarcastic in their writings when critiquing a film. They do however have three rules when it comes to posting. These include staying on target, show respect to the people you are having the conversation with and avoid major spoilers. Although they say they are “The Official Home of Correct Movie Opinions,” there were some reviews that I did not agree with. Even though there are conflicting views I will continue to read their blog site and compare their opinions with my own.

Although there are only a few blogs that I viewed, I believe each blog deserves to be read because of the effort the creator puts into their site. Each blog is unique and interesting in their own way. Blogging gives the right to individuals to be in complete control and enables freedom of speech. Criticism is allowed whether it is positive or negative. Blogs give an individual the ability to communicate with others that may share the same interests. Even though this semester is practically over, besides writing on my blog, I will continue to research and read many others.

Blog Sites Used:
http://www.myblueshirtheaven.com/
http://www.themovieblog.com/
http://blog.malitic.net/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Jenna,

Thanks very much for your kind words about MyBlueShirtHeaven. My name is Margaret and I'm female.

I bave experienced a bit of chauvanism from some of my male hockey blogging counterparts and some great support from others.

I write how I feel and always from the heart. Right now my heart is aching for my boys.

I'll write more on the tech stuff and my thoughts for the future tomorrow.